To advertiser boats and equipment for sale please email details and photographs to Website Editor Fiona Brown at email@example.com
Philippe Durr design and build in 1986
Boat in very good condition ready to race
Nr. 2 mast, one in one pieces and used in the last 2 years, the second in two pieces need to restore.
New rigging 2018
Completed full new ropes Gottifredi Dyneam
New Sail: Main sail Elvstrom in EPEX year 2019
Genoa medium Elvstrom in EPEX year 2019
Genoa 2 heavy in Pentex Year 2020
Spi 0.5 year 2019
Few old sail for day use (not for race)
Complete full osmosis repair in 2018 by professional company
Few accessories and details (Nr. 2 New manual pump, Nr. 2 New electric pump, new hydraulic circuit, etc….)
Boat in Italy on Como’s Lake
Asking Price EURO 67.000,00
Boat on ISMA Archive: https://6metrearchive.org/boat/gitana-junior-ii/?highlight=gitana
June 2020 marks two exciting milestones for the International 6 Metre Class. First we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the formation of the International Six Metre Association. To mark this milestone ISMA Archivist has put together a fascinating article charting the association’s history which you can read on the ISMA Archive.
And we also bring you news of a brand new 6 Metre which is currently nearing completion in Spain. Full details of the boat are not yet available, but Project Manager Javi Cela has given us permission to share this first photograph with you, which was taken just after the deck and hull were joined. As soon as we have further information we will share it with you.
– ABU designed by Johan Anker for himself and built by Anker & Jensen in Norway
– Winner of the 6 metre Gold Cup in 1931 (helmed by J. Anker) and 1932 (helmed by M. Konow)
– listed as one of the legendary yachts designed by Johann Anker
– Professionally maintained and campaigned since 2011 under the new owner. Maintenance work undertaken by experienced Six Metre boatyards
– new underwater built-up in 2018
– copy of original measurement certificate available
– current and valid measurement certificate in place. ABU floats to its original marks
– new Aluminium mast and boom designed by Ian Howlett and produced by Allspars
– Set of racing sails with design input from Ian Howlett
– Custom-built cradle for transport and harbour, fits into a 40ft container
– Raymarine (former TacTic) electronics (wind speed, boat speed, water depth, compass, race master and additional display)
– Race-ready ropes. Trim lines ergonomically located and optimised to fit with crew manoeuvre work on the boat
– Removable outboard engine bracket
Price – GBP39,000 ONO, VAT paid
An important message from ISMA Executive Secretary Tim Russell
I have just received a copy of an e-mail sent to Sir Robert Owen, ISMA’s president. In it Mauricio Sánchez-Bella advises us that the Board of the Real Club Náutico de Sanxenxo (RCNS) has taken the decision to postpone the European Championships until next year. Sir Robert has asked me to pass the message on to you all.
In his e-mail Mauricio comments: “All the big sporting events are being postponed, even the Olympics. We have stayed in touch with the different fleets and everybody shares the concerns about the situation.
The RCNS Board has met electronically, and we regret to inform you that we are forced to delay the European Championship by one year. Our sponsors have understood very well the decision, and share the reasoning behind it. We believe that it would be unfair for the competitors that would face very different opportunities to train and in some cases even the legal impossibility to attend the Championship, so there is no other possible decision.
Please share this decision as widely as possible with the worldwide fleets. We will be announcing it in our webpage in the coming days. We believe announcing this publicly will help the different teams organise their season.
You can imagine that we are extremely disappointed to delay this championship. We already have – six months before the start – over 30 classics and 15 open division boats expressing their intention to attend, which would have represented a great success. We have been working the last years to prepare the Europeans and the Worlds for the International Six Metre class in our Club, and we believe this is the correct decision to ensure that we can provide a great series of events, giving momentum to the class, and most importantly, a wide array of opportunities to race to the class members.
Considering the preceding, we are preparing a proposal for the Europeans and the Worlds, coordinated with the different countries holding the venues for the years ahead. As soon as it is ready we will forward it to you to discuss. RCNS is also intending to re-start our monthly 2020 races as soon as it is legally and practically possible.”
I will of course advise you of the detail of the proposals for next year and the following years, so that all the fleets have an opportunity to be involved in decisions relating to the future programme.
Best wishes – stay safe.
Top Condition well equiped.
• Main (Europsails Black Aramid) 2020.
• Spi Light Runner (North AIRX) 2017.
• Genoa LM (North 3DI) 2018.
• Genoa Heavy (North 3DI) good condition.
Asking Price: 89,000 Euro